POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Visibility pattern test - visibility.JPG (1/1) : Re: Visibility pattern test - visibility.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visibility pattern test - visibility.JPG (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Feb 2000 05:45:21
Message: <389ff3c1@news.povray.org>
I can't really ask the right questions since I don't know how you're doing this,
and trying to explain it to me would perhaps be futile.
All I'm wondering though is if this "texture" were more a pattern type than a
sampling of a surface that it might be more linear I guess would be the term.
I'm just dreaming this up in a way that would mean the texture would follow the
contours of any object like a uv map or something and without the sampling sort
of stuff which obviously is hit and miss to deduce where it goes.
Plain and simple I can't understand the dynamics of your work anyhow, so excuse
me if I go way off track trying to figure it out.  What it causes me to think is
that if a object surface can be found and mimicked in a changed way like this
does do then it just seems then that the texture could follow that surface and
be applied as though a typical patterned texture is with the usual way.
I think I see how you might not be following what I say, it reads to me like
round in circles.

Bob